Nanook52 Productions' Mother Base Forum

Multi-media free forum and Military Roleplay site.

HomeRoomCalendarPublicationsFAQMarketSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inYoutube
Welcome Guest! It is Sat Dec 16, 2017 The Current R&D Team Level is [Level 56]. The Current Intel/ Security Team is [Level 84] The Combat Team Level is [Level 83] The Mess Hall Team Level is [Level 10] The Medical Team is [Level 50]
How many Motherbase Easter Eggs have you found???
Shell 4 is still under major construction, Please watch your step on the bridge.
Season 2 is underway Folks! Get ready for the moisture!

Share | 

New Chatbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: New Chatbox   Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm

When we had a working chatbox that was able to notify people of others being online, stay in place when moving pages, and a good customization level, this website was amazing. unfortunately the widget we were using, Avacwebs, stopped supporting their servers to move on to broader spectrums of interest, I'd like to introduce a few options in it's place (although for some reason i'm no longer an administrator, Nan said it's cool for me to do this so here we go.

http://www.smartchatbox.com/

This one interests me the most, it seems versatile, and a reliable source to stay with, if it comes to a need of payment, I will pay for it provided I ever get administrative priveledges back

http://frug.github.io/AJAX-Chat/

The next idea is Ajax Chat
The website link doesn't provide decent visual representations, so here is a good one from elswhere instead

At the same time, I'm worried these might conflict with the music player we have in place, in which case i've been studyign and I can in fact port our current music into a javascript based widget with the same capabilities, or we could try an embedded soundcloud player, in which case we can download the current music, put it all on private on a soundcloud account and use it that way as well.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
~Sev
Back to top Go down
The Black Rose
Baddest Bish In Motherface

Scarlet Elite

GMP : 11586
Heroism : 44
Old Location : Mental Asylum, North
Cat

CPU AMD FX- 9590 Black Edition 8 Core
GPU EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB DDR5
RAM 12GB
Combat [Lv.160] S+
R&D [Lv.60] D
Support [Lv.5] E
Intel [Lv.73] B
Medical [Lv.30] E

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:28 pm

almost sound liek an item of interest till aih thought, waht ish the point of updating the chatbox wen nu one even uses da old one? aih just dun see a reason to upgrade eet yet when dis place is usually a ghost town everytiem i come on :/

--

Cindy's Hitman list:
1.Beiber e.e
2.Miley Cyrus
3.Chief Keef
4. Kanye West
5. Donald Trump
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Punished Shade

Militaires Sans Frontières

GMP : 82900
Heroism : 76
Tiger

KILLCONFIRMEDUHMAHGAWD

Combat [Lv.165] S+
R&D [Lv.194] S+
Support [lv.35] D
Intel [Lv.89] B
Medical [lv.64] C

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Cynthia West wrote:
almost sound liek an item of interest till aih thought, waht ish the point of updating the chatbox wen nu one even uses da old one? aih just dun see a reason to upgrade eet yet when dis place is usually a ghost town everytiem i come on :/

CUS REASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! e_e

--
"I don't get people,never have,never will."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/light5hade

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Because the chatbox is one of the reasons this place seems like a ghost town, noone has direct communication with eachother aside from pretty much me, nan, carl, and zack because we all steam with eachother. the chatbox we have currently only shows when someone is on it, and logs people off everytime they flip the forum to a new page, which makes it so undesireable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:39 am

mmmkay listen here muh'fucka's im on here grindin on dis muhfuckin' chatbox *smacks one hand with fist with every word i say* every time im on and someone else is on flat out foreal muhfucka like straight hustle ballin' like snoop 24/7 jesus with chicken.
Back to top Go down
+Reki

GMP : 0
Heroism : 0
CPU No CPU listed
GPU No GPU Listed
RAM No RAM Listed
Combat [Lv.0]
R&D [Lv.0]
Intel [Lv.0]

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:28 am

Hmm... do the chatboxes support mobile? I'm on mobile and I did try to join the built in chatbox by forummotion but unable to. I currently don't have internet access and this phone is my only option.

Another suggestion I think would be cool is if we formed a Skype group?

--

Click here to see some of the signatures/tags I made:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie

New Haven Syndicate

GMP : 26078
Heroism : 23
Old Location : my room
Cat
ACR Midnight Blue
Springfield Operator Silenced

Murasama
Metal Gear Mk.II
Butterfinger
CPU Intel Core i3 6100 Dual Core (3.7ghz)
GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 950 ITX 2GB DDR5
RAM 8GB
Combat [Lv.76] B
R&D [Lv.136] S
Support [Lv.5] E
Intel [Lv.90] A
Medical [Lv.34] D

PostSubject: Re: New Chatbox   Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 am

I'm still waiting on ongoing updates to be finished xD

--
Back to top Go down
View user profile